Monday 5 June 2017

What is Khayal? / Final Pieces

What is Khayal?

Hello guys,
Today I am going to talk about what I will be naming my major project and why I chose this name for it.  Moreover, I will be showcasing my final pieces of work with description. 

So what is Khayal?

Khayal is an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) that talks about a world where peace is not found since there are a lot of dangerous creatures in it that keep on attacking the city of Khayal (kayala).  They usually come from the dark and normal forest next to that surrounds the city.  Khayal in Arabic means ''Fantasy'' and that is why I chose it as a name for my Project.  


Final Pieces



The Bat Mage is a wizard that changes into a bat in the night.  He uses magic in the light while he uses his claws in the dark.  The bat is usually found in the dark forest of the caves of Khayal.


The Clumsy Mushroom is a poisonous creature inspired by toadstools and mushrooms.  It is usually harmless and clumsy but if the players bother i, it will attack them.  These mushrooms are usually found roaming and climbing the trees of the forest. 



The Cat Panda is a crature mixed between a Red panda and a Caracal cat.  It is usually found in the dark forest and it takes a large amount of people to defeat it since it is extremely huge in size as seen the scale on the piece.  It uses its claws and arrow tail as a weapon.


The Tree Monster does not have any eyes or a nose and it is hollow from the inside, instead it senses its predators by using its ears.  It uses the poison ivy plant as a weapon since it is a poisonous plant that affects living things such as: humans.  They are usually found in the forest as well.

I have always wanted to create this project although I did not have the experience to draw it when I started drawing in 2014.  The mushroom was my first painted piece out of all the others while the bat was the last.  I am really happy with the results of the pieces since it was my first time painting on Photoshop.  I saw improvement from the mushroom to the bat since I learned new techniques in Photoshop on the way of creating these pieces from my friends.  

In the end, I think this is the best major project I have done so far since I have not faced difficulties in proportions and anatomy as my other projects which shows improvement although I could not imitate the style of my favourite artist's painting style (Kekai Kotaki) since I lack the experience in using Photoshop. 

Errors in the portfolio and how to fix them in the future 

I have made many spelling mistakes in my portfolio and it was too late to print the whole portfolio again since the shop closed down after I saw the mistakes while I was reading it.  I feel frustrated and sad about it.




I have made many spelling mistakes in the description for every piece in the portfolio since I forgot to proof read my the text that I wrote. one example is: writing forest as ''forrest'' and I have made many other mistakes where you can actually find them while reading the pictures above.  Unfortunately, I will not be able to edit them for this assignment but I will definitely edit them after it.


  My only problem here is proof reading and this taught me to never forget to proof read before I submit anything else since there will be always errors in the text.  


No comments:

Post a Comment