Sunday 30 April 2017

The art of league of legends Research

Researching the art of League of Legends

Hello guys,

Today I am going to show you one of my inspirations for my creature art project that I am currently working on.  My creatures are going to be concepts set in an MMORPG (Massively Online Multiplier Game) and they will be inspired by animals, plants, mechas (robots) and artists that I adore.  

 I used their website for inspiration when I have my finished pieces done and ready to present on my website.  Moreover, while researching the website, I was fascinated in the way the artists drew their characters and creatures.  




League of Legends is a popular game created by Riot Games worldwide played by millions of players including myself.  The reason I chose the art of League of Legends is because I find it unique in how they draw the creatures that are in game and their inspiration mostly comes from animals, rocks, plants and buildings.

Shop Keeper





As you can see in this picture, there is a concept of an animal like creature that is drawn in a human figure.  This character is referred to as the shopkeeper which is the person that sells the items to the player in game.  I appreciate how they managed to give him the look of a shopkeeper by capturing the essence of how a fantasy shopkeeper look like.

Minions




These creatures are referred to as the minions which are the ones that aid players like me in the game.  I think that these minions will be good inspiration for my creature art project since they gave me a sense of how I should draw my creatures since League of Legends is in the fantasy genre and it is close to MMORPGs.  

Creatures of the Jungle


This creature is one of my personal favorites because the creature is carrying the mana liquid on his back like a bag and it is shown how he is made out of mana from the inside since it is flowing in his torso and head.  This concept will definitely aid me in creating a rock type creature since it shows how bulky and huge it looks like even though there is no scale to look at.  



These creatures reminded me of crabs since there is somethings protecting them such as: a rock.  I think that these designs are really creative and they manage to give you a fantasy vibe to it.  



These creatures are set in the dark jungle in the game,  as you can see they are inspired by animals, plants, rocks and buildings.  I like these concepts for several reasons such as: color usage, the style and line work on some of them.  Moreover, I like how the artists managed to mix animals with nature like drawing a lava frog.

All in all, this research is definitely important for myself since this is the first time I am researching about creatures and creating them which I think is interesting and will make me learn and develop my artwork.

I got all the artwork from The official League of Legends website



No comments:

Post a Comment